An NBA player with less than three years of service in the league is eligible for assignment, or able to be sent down to his team’s NBA D-League affiliate in order to receive additional playing time. Each team is allowed to assign no more than two NBA players at a time to its D-League affiliate. Below is a list of Lakers players who have played for the D-Fenders on assignment.
Note: The new collective bargaining agreement (CBA) now allows for a player to be sent down as many times as possible during the season, as opposed to a limit of three times as stated in the previous CBA.
- Acquired by the Lakers from the Washington Wizards for cash considerations on June 26, 2014.
- Played in and started one game for the D-Fenders in 2014-15 and scored 28 points, including shooting 10-10 from the FT line, while also grabbing five rebounds and handing out five assists.
- Started all 35 games for the University of Missouri in 2013-14, averaging 17.5 points, 3.8 rebounds and 3.4 assists in 35.1 minutes per game.
- Signed with the Lakers on September 5, 2013.
- Started one game for the D-Fenders in 2014-15, scoring 33 points on 12-20 shooting, while also grabbing four assists and handing out one assist in 37 minutes.
- Played in and started two games for the D-Fenders in 2013-14, averaging 17.0 points, 2.0 rebounds and 1.5 assists.
- Appeared in 43 games with the Lakers in 2013-14 and averaged 10.1 points, 2.7 rebounds, 1.2 assists and 1.0 steals in 21.1 minutes per game.
- Played in 176 total NBA games for the Grizzlies, Pelicans and Lakers between 2010-2014 and posts career averages of 5.9 points, 2.0 rebounds and 16.0 minutes per game.
- Selected with the No. 48 overall pick out of Duke in the 2013 NBA Draft.
- Appeared in and started five games for the D-Fenders, posting marks of 25.2 points, 7.6 rebounds, 3.8 assists, 1.4 steals and 1.4 blocks.
- Played in 59 games with the Lakers (25 starts) during his rookie season and averaged 8.0 points, 3.7 rebounds and 1.6 assists.
- During his four-year college career, Duke went 111-15 with Kelly on the floor, placing him fourth all-time in school history in career winning percentage.
- Undrafted out of Gonzaga in 2013, but made the Lakers opening-day roster for the 2013-14 season.
- Started one game for the D-Fenders during his rookie season and scored 18 points, before being waived on Nov. 29.
- Appeared in and started five games for the Lakers 2013 summer league squad, averaging 10.2 point and 5.6 rebounds.
- Appeared for the German National Team in the 2009 European Championships and 2010 FIBA World Championships.
- Selected with the No. 60 pick out of Gonzaga in the 2012 NBA Draft.
- Appeared and started in the in seven games for the D-Fenders, averaging 11.4 points, 8.4 rebounds and 1.4 blocks.
- Scored a career-high 22 points vs. Sioux Falls on Jan. 5.
- Started three games for the Lakers in Jan. 2013, posting 6.7 points, 3.0 rebounds and 2.0 blocks in 24.7 minutes.
- Named WCC Defender of the Year his senior season.
- Selected No. 55 overall out of Marquette in the 2012 NBA Draft and acquired in a draft-day trade with the Dallas Mavericks.
- Appeared and started for the D-Fenders in 13 games, and led the club in scoring at 20.6 points.
- Dished out a season-high nine assists vs. Reno on Dec. 13.
- Scored 30 points on two separate occasions and 20-plus points seven different times.
- Tallied 1,649 points in three years at Marquette, 11th all-time in program history.
- Selected No. 41 overall out of Michigan in the 2011 NBA Draft.
- Started 17 games and appeared in 48 during the 2012-13 season with the Lakers.
- Dished out a career-high six assists vs. Phoenix on Nov. 16.
- Started and appeared in two games for the D-Fenders in 2013, averaging 15.0 points, 6.0 rebounds and 5.5 assists.
- Made his first career NBA playoff start in Game 3 in the opening round of the playoffs vs. San Antonio and scored a career-high 24 points.
- Led the Big Ten in assists (6.7 per game) during his sophomore season at Michigan, and one of four players in Michigan program history to record more than 200 assists in a single season.
- Named the 2012-13 NBA D-League MVP, averaging 21.1 points, 5.2 assists and 3.9 rebounds in 51 games with the Rio Grande Valley Vipers and Sioux Falls Skyforce.
- Started his first career NBA game on Apr. 26 in Game 3 of the opening round of the playoffs vs. San Antonio, and scored 20 points.
- A 2011 second-round selection of the Los Angeles Lakers (No. 46 overall) out of the College of Charleston.
- Appeared in 40 games as a rookie with the Lakers and recorded six games of 10-plus points.
- Started one game for the D-Fenders during his rookie year and notched 24 points, seven assists and five rebounds.
- Finished fourth in the nation in scoring at 23.7 points per game as a senior.
- Acquired from the Cavaliers along with Ramon Sessions at the trading deadline on Mar. 15, 2012.
- Started in four games and appeared in six for the D-Fenders, averaging 12.2 points, 5.0 rebounds and 1.3 blocks.
- Played in five games (two starts) during the D-Fenders run to the 2012 NBA D-League Finals, averaging 2.8 points and 1.2 rebounds in 10.4 minutes.
- Selected No. 43 overall out of West Virgina in the 2010 NBA Draft.
- Appeared in six games with the Bakersfield Jam during the 2010-11 campaign (the D-Fenders did not field a team this season), averaging 16.5 points, 7.7 rebounds and 1.5 steals.
- Played in three games for the D-Fenders, with averages of 18.3 points, 6.0 rebounds and 2.0 steals during the 2011-12 season.
- Has appeared in a total of 63 games (15 starts) with the Lakers over three seasons.
- Selected No. 58 overall out of UTEP in the 2010 NBA Draft.
- Started one game and appeared in four for the D-Fenders in 2011-12, averaging 15.5 points and 7.5 rebounds on 67.4 percent field goals.
- Appeared in 41 games with the Lakers during his rookie year, totaling 81 points and 43 rebounds.
- Selected with the No. 40 overall pick in the 2007 NBA Draft.
- Appeared in 10 games with the Lakers during the 2008-09 season, totaling six points and two assists.
- Appeared in and started six games for the D-Fenders, averaging 9.8 points, 3.7 assists, 3.3 rebounds, 2.3 blocks and 1.3 steals.
- Currently plays for the Beijing Olympians in China.
- Undrafted out of Boise State in 2007, but made the Lakers opening-day roster for the 2007-08 season.
- On Feb. 19, 2008, he joined Jordan Farmar as the only other player in league history to play in a D-League and NBA game in the same day.
- Appeared in and started 17 games for the D-Fenders, averaging 17.5 points, 5.5 rebounds and 4.2 assists.
- Selected No. 26 overall out of UCLA in the 2006 NBA Draft.
- On Apr. 1, 2007, he became the first player ever to play in a D-League game and NBA game in the same day.
- Appeared in three games with the D-Fenders during his rookie season, averaging 14.7 points and 5.7 assists.
- Over four seasons with the Lakers, he averaged 6.9 points and 2.1 assists, including bests of 9.1 points and 2.7 assists in 2007-08.
- Earned Pac-10 Freshman of the Year honors and named to the All-Pac-10 First Team as a sophomore.